March 21, 2010

Wall Art with Simple Embellishments

We painted our new baby Jocelyn's room the lightest pink we could find. When she's 2 we will move her into her sister's room, and we will then change that room into a guest room. Before I got pregnant, I had bought a beautiful Shabby Chic bedspread with matching frilly pillowcases. The room currently holds the crib with a cute little baby quilt with many similar colors to my beloved Shabby Chic bedspread. To make more of my money I wanted to buy artwork for the walls that I could maybe keep up on the walls after the baby moves out.

After looking around my craft room I realized I had little flowers, some glittery brads, and matching scrapbooking papers. Plus, I had some leftover white paint from when I painted the dresser in that room.

Here was a photo frame I picked up at Wal-Mart for $3.


I simply painted the frame white. Then I cut the color coordinating cardstock to the bedspread and the crib quilt to fit the frame (I used a white lace looking paper from a Making Memories package I had, and the pink is from Lilly Anna Soar With It Collection from The Angel Company. I layered the flowers and secured them with the glittery brads and put them in a row. This was the turnout!

1 comment:

Sew Sassy Sandy said...

So very sweet and cute! SewSassy Sandy http://sewsassycreations.blogspot.com or
http://sewsassycrations.etsy.com