In our home we've got clutter scattered all around. Some of the things that bother me are the loose change that we find on the counters, on the floor, on the kitchen table, etc. Another thing I can't stand is losing my chapstick or my keys.
So, I thought of a way to repurpose these little glass jars I had, into attractive, and decorative pieces that would hold these scattered items. I once read in one of my home decor magazines that in places that gather clutter, you should place many containers, jars or glasses in that location, so that you may put things into them instead of having them pile up on your table/dresser space.
So what I did was gather some scrap pieces of cardstock that matched my home decor, and embellished with a bit of ribbon, a flower, a fuzzy brad, and a little scrapbooking charm I had that said "inspire". It took me about 30 minutes to put both of them together. So fast. So simple. So cute! You can easily find these items pretty cheaply at your local craft store. If you like the paper though, you can go to The Angel Company and click on Shop Now.
Here are some other ideas for what you could repurpose your own decorated jars for:
- Fill one with a recipients favorite candy and attach a mini tag.
- Decorate one with the initial of your child, and fill it with crayons.
- Decorate one with matching colors of your little girls room, and put all her pony tail holders you find around the house into it.
- I showed one with Q-tips, but it could also hold cotton balls nicely.
- Put one by the front door to hold your keys.
- Keep one on the back of the toilet with some lovely smelling potpourri.
- Use it to hold paperclips on your desk.
- Create many with the same color scheme for an outdoor or indoor party, and put votive candles inside of them.